Monday 6 April 2020

Update

For those who receive our quarterly prayer letter, you will know that I left Chad in early March and arrived in Uganda for my MAF conversion training onto the Cessna Caravan. This was planned to be for just over 3 weeks, giving me time in Chad with our other pilot, Phil, to do some supervised flying in program before taking the reigns while he went on home assignment with his family for 3 months. However with a rapidly changing situation globally, but especially in Africa where decisions were being made thick and fast, I quickly found myself the wrong side of a closed border (Chad closed its airport). A week later there were two closed borders as Uganda did the same and shortly after that came the news that Uganda was in almost complete lockdown. No vehicles, private or public, were allowed to drive on the roads and it became impossible to finish my training. I was able to complete the majority of it, finishing all the ground school and all but one of the simulator training sessions, so when the situation changes I should be able to complete the rest of my training in Chad.

As it became impossible to continue with the reason I was in Uganda, I joined a specially organised flight to get people out of Uganda who were not resident in the country on Friday night and am now in the UK where the news reports tell me it is a lovely sunny weekend, but I am freezing! Our hope is that it will be easier for us to reunite as a family with only one border closure between us. Plan A being that it becomes possible for me to get back to Chad, Plan B that Matt and the children can join me in the UK. For now we sit and wait.



(if you want to receive our prayer letter, please subscribe at https://www.maf-uk.org/staff/dillingham-becki-and-matt#pray)

No comments:

Post a Comment